Wicca Course- part 3/3 – Ritual Magic, Wheel of the Year, Covens & Initiations
This is an outdoor experiential course (in 3 parts), covering all the basic principles, practices & ritual magic within Wicca – as it has been generally practised in the UK for the past 20 years (based on the form of Wicca founded/ propagated by Gerald Gardner, Doreen Valiente and many other elders of The Craft.
It is suitable for all beginners, but each subject is covered in greater depths, and includes meditations, pathworking, and magical / ritual work – to embed what you are learning!
You may attend one or more.
• Part 1: Sacred Space & Energy (sunday 10th Sept’17)
• Part2: Horned Gods & Moon Goddesses (Sunday 24th Sept’17)
• Part 3: Ritual Magic, Wheel of the year, Covens & Initiations (Sun 15th October’17)
Course Fee: £18 per person per session. Book in advance to confirm a space. (discretionary discount available for those with financial challenges. Please contact Mani via private message)
Date: Sunday 15th October 2017
Time: 10.30am to 5pm.
venue: Wimbledon Woods.
Wimbledon Windmill Tea Room, Windmill Road, SW19 5NQ (we then go into the woods for the course).
From Wimbledon or Putney, take the bus No 93. Alight at bus stop `Parkside Hospital’. Go into `Windmill Road’ and walk about 10mins to get to the Tea Rooms/cafe and meet us there. Tutor will be waiting by the outside seating area.
This place has free car park / toilet facilities. Car park fills up so get there early to park.
Part 3: Ritual Magic, Wheel of the year, Covens & Initiations in Wicca
You’ll experientially learn about the following :
• Principles of Magic & Divination explained using the hexagram;
• Main forms of ritual magic practised in coven-wicca explained and demonstrated.
• Use of magical tools – brief explanation of main tools & their uses in a circle will be covered ;
• Wheel of the Year – 8 main seasonal festivals (Imbolc to Yule) explained with their themes and main magic.
• Coven structures, initiation degree systems; some preparations and quests that seekers of initiation must undergo (no oathbound coven secrets will be divulged! But published materials will be talked about, and any misconceptions/ fears you have will be addressed as long as it does not breach wiccan secrecy oaths.
• All about your Witch-Name : What is it? Why? How do you go about choosing one? When is it used? and more.
What to bring
• For your own comfort, please bring any food/drinks lunch (Please avoid eating during course delivery, unless otherwise stated on the day !);
• bring flask of hot drinks.
• ***Bring comfortable cushion/ mat to sit on, as well as a blanket / throw to wrap up ..during meditative work (or if it’s just cold).
• Please wear warm coats, socks (those ankle socks are pointless…as gnats and mosquitos will get you !), scarf..
• We’ll have some wine for ceremonial parts of the course & for a bit of social after
• Strictly no exotic substance/ drugs etc!
• Note books/ pen .
Recording / photography policy
-No private recording by phones/ dictaphones.
-No photography during course delivery & practise. .
Course notes by Tutor:
-Some printed notes will be provided.
-If the weather proves changeable / wet on the day, a tarp cover will be set up.
(Gardnerian Wiccan High Priest)