Wicca Course- part 2/3 – Horned God & Moon Goddess
This is an outdoor experiential course (in 3 parts), covering all the basic principles, practices & ritual magic within Wicca – as it has been generally practised in the UK for the past 20 years (based on the form of Wicca founded/ propagated by Gerald Gardner, Doreen Valiente and many other elders of The Craft.
It is suitable for all beginners, but each subject is covered in greater depths, and includes meditations, pathworking, and magical / ritual work – to embed what you are learning!
You may attend one or more.
• Part 1: Sacred Space & Energy (sunday 10th Sept’17)
• Part2: Horned Gods & Moon Goddesses (Sunday 24th Sept’17)
• Part 3: Ritual Magic, Wheel of the year, Covens & Initiations (Sun 15th October’17)
Course Fee: £18 per person per session. Book in advance to confirm a space. (discretionary discount available for those with financial challenges. Please contact Mani via private message)
Date: Sunday 24th Sept 2017
Time: 10.30am to 5pm.
venue: Wimbledon Woods.
Wimbledon Windmill Tea Room, Windmill Road, SW19 5NQ (we then go into the woods for the course).
From Wimbledon or Putney, take the bus No 93. Alight at bus stop `Parkside Hospital’. Go into `Windmill Road’ and walk about 10mins to get to the Tea Rooms/cafe and meet us there. Tutor will be waiting by the outside seating area.
This place has free car park / toilet facilities. Car park fills up so get there early to park.
Part 2: Working with God & Goddess in Wicca (10/09/17):
You’ll experientially learn about the following :
• God forms in Wicca: This includes Cernunnos, Hern, Pan, Green Man, Dark Lord (Death), Sun God, Odin, Osiris …amongst others. The symbology of Horns, hooves, antlers are explained, as well as some discussion on the demonising (Pagan god seen as satan/ devil) of the god by non-pagans. We’ll deal with any hidden fears, old conditionings and prejudices, and work transpersonally to reconnect with the Horned God of Wicca and his empowering wildwood energies. Chants will be taught and used.
• Goddess form in Wicca: We’ll explore the Triple-Goddess imagery used in Wicca- maiden, mother and crone, as well as the various examples – Dianna the Huntress, Isis , Cailleach, Hecate, Gaia and more…
• The God & Goddess cycle in Wicca explained with diagrams and notes- ie the maiden Persephone’s abduction at Autumn, motherhood, rejuvenated Bride arriving back to land at Imbolc; Marriage of God & Goddess at Beltane; the sacrifice of the God at Lammas; coming of Dark Lord at Samhain; Birth of Sun-child at Yule and more.
• Invocations, evocations and Charges of God & Goddess : What happens after circle is cast and energy raised in a coven? How are the god & Goddess brought into the Circle? Who carries those energie? What is the Drawing down of the Moon? And Sun? How does working with God & Goddess empower Witches? All will be explained with brief demonstration of postures.
• We’ll go through some invocations and learn to use them. (which you can use in your own or group rituals).
• Charge of the Goddess – the poetry work created by Doreen Valiente – mother of modern witchcraft will be looked.
• Cup and sword pathworking – to meet the God and Goddess.
Book this course Now (secure paypal): (spaces limited to 10 attendees only. 6 spaces remaining at 10th August 2017)
What to bring
• For your own comfort, please bring any food/drinks lunch (Please avoid eating during course delivery, unless otherwise stated on the day !);
• bring flask of hot drinks.
• ***Bring comfortable cushion/ mat to sit on, as well as a blanket / throw to wrap up ..during meditative work (or if it’s just cold).
• Please wear warm coats, socks (those ankle socks are pointless…as gnats and mosquitos will get you !), scarf..
• We’ll have some wine for ceremonial parts of the course & for a bit of social after
• Strictly no exotic substance/ drugs etc!
• Note books/ pen .
Recording / photography policy: -No private recording by phones/ dictaphones. -No photography during course delivery & practise. .
Course notes by Tutor: -Some printed notes will be provided.
Rain cover: If the weather proves changeable / wet on the day, a tarp cover will be set up.
(Gardnerian Wiccan High Priest)