Wicca Course- part 1/3 – Magic Circle, Elements, Quarters & Energy
This is an outdoor experiential course (in 3 parts), covering all the basic principles, practices & ritual magic within Wicca – as it has been generally practised in the UK for the past 20 years (based on the form of Wicca founded/ propagated by Gerald Gardner, Doreen Valiente and many other elders of The Craft.
It is suitable for all beginners, but each subject is covered in greater depths, and includes meditations, pathworking, and magical / ritual work – to embed what you are learning!
You may attend one or more.
• Part 1: Sacred Space & Energy (sunday 10th Sept’17)
• Part2: Horned Gods & Moon Goddesses (Sunday 24th Sept’17)
• Part 3: Ritual Magic, Wheel of the year, Covens & Initiations (Sun 15th October’17)
Course Fee: £18 per person per session. Book in advance to confirm a space. (discretionary discount available for those with financial challenges. Please contact Mani via private message)
Date: Sunday 10th Sept 2017
Time: 10.30am to 5pm.
venue: Wimbledon Woods.
Wimbledon Windmill Tea Room, Windmill Road, SW19 5NQ (we then go into the woods for the course).
From Wimbledon or Putney, take the bus No 93. Alight at bus stop `Parkside Hospital’. Go into `Windmill Road’ and walk about 10mins to get to the Tea Rooms/cafe and meet us there. Tutor will be waiting by the outside seating area.
This place has free car park / toilet facilities. Car park fills up so get there early to park.
Part 1: Sacred Space & Energy (10th Sept’17)-
You’ll experientially learn about the following :
Magical energy preparations/ work:
• Chakra system of personal energy centres will be explained, with a practical meditation to experience this;
• An energy attuning pathworking will be led by tutor (using 4 element imagery, as well as growing horns & branches, and connecting to the Earth centres using imagery of growing roots.
• Consecrations – you’ll first see a demonstration of purifying and blessing, using Salt & Water, incense and Candle / lantern, the tools to use, and the usual wiccan words; Then each student will get a chance to practise the consecrations;
• Circle casting: Using your own wand, athame or the tutor’s wand, you will learn the visualisation, energy work and practise casting a magic circle.
• Elements & Quarters: The reasons and methods of calling/ invoking the elementals at the quarters inside a magic circle will be explained and demonstrated with words and symbols (invoking pentagrams, and element triangles) to be drawn; You will then practise this;
• Transpersonal qualities: There will be further explanations of the qualities invoked with elements, colour and symbolic correspondences. An exercise will also be undertaken by us – for internal elemental exploration and transpersonal balance.
• Witches Rune: Often used in Circles for energy raising (creative poetry written by Doreen Valiente – mother of modern Witchcraft). We will allocate some time to exploring the Witche’s Rune, the symbolism inherent in it, and have several practice chants of it.
Book this course Now (secure paypal): (spaces limited to 10 attendees only. 6 spaces remaining at 10th August 2017)
What to bring
• For your own comfort, please bring any food/drinks lunch (Please avoid eating during course delivery, unless otherwise stated on the day !);
• bring flask of hot drinks.
• ***Bring comfortable cushion/ mat to sit on, as well as a blanket / throw to wrap up ..during meditative work (or if it’s just cold).
• Please wear warm coats, socks (those ankle socks are pointless…as gnats and mosquitos will get you !), scarf..
• We’ll have some wine for ceremonial parts of the course & for a bit of social after
• Strictly no exotic substance/ drugs etc!
• Note books/ pen .
Recording / photography policy: -No private recording by phones/ dictaphones. -No photography during course delivery & practise. .
Course notes by Tutor: -Some printed notes will be provided.
Rain cover: If the weather proves changeable / wet on the day, a tarp cover will be set up.
(Gardnerian Wiccan High Priest)