Dear all.. we began our monthly Full moon rituals by the banks of river Thames in June’17 and are continuing that magical venture. It’s the evening of the Full Moon/ partial Lunar Eclipse. We will be setting some specific intentions to work the energies partial lunar Eclipse (in Aquarius).
Date : Monday 7th Aug’17
suggested donation : £2.
venue : river bank, River Thames – close to Tate Modern Gallery
Meeting point – outside Main Entrance of Tate Modern Gallery (south Bank):
Gather outside the fixed Seats area …directly opposite the main entrance to Tate Modern Gallery (main doors). We’ll walk down to the banks of Thames and do this ceremony.
Nearest tube/train: Backfriars Train station (get out by the south bank exit. Head towards Tate Modern Gallery. Only 10 min walk). OR get to St.Pauls (tube) and walk about 10mins and cross river via Millennium Bridge and get to Tate Modern Gallery entrance.
What we plan to do
Your personal work (suggested 7pm – 7.20pm)—————- :
Those interested in catching/attuning to the moment of `greatest Eclipse’ may wish to arrive early..find a quiet spot and do your own personal meditative work. You may also be able to find a quiet spot by river.. though if it’ a very sunny warm day.. other Londoners will be out and about by Thames…! As long as you personally are able to sit and ignore outside noise/ distractions..you can attune within. I suggest you aim for personal meditative work between 7.00pm – 7:20pm.
Our group work (scheduled 7.30pm to 10pm) ——————-
• 7.30pm- 7.45pm : Meeting outside main entrance (seats) by Tate Modern Gallery
• 7.45pm- 8.15pm : Go down to Thames & help set up altar area.
• 8.15pm – 9.50pm : Main ceremony (leading into feasting/ social). – This will be the formal wicca circle set up and held on the river banks. It will still be taking place within the penumbral duration of the Eclipse.
• We’ll sweep away negativity, consecrate ourselves with blessed salt/water/ incense and candle, cast a magic circle, call on the 4 elemental quarters/guardians of the WatchTowers, seek support from the spirit of the place/ Tamesa, evoke the God & Goddess..and do our magic..and then share blessed cakes & wine.
• No prior knowledge or experiences of wicca or ritual magic is necessary for you to attend this. Just come with an open mind. Be friendly and non-intrusive. Connect with others, and join in the ceremony.
• 10pm- 10.30pm : Socialising back at top – the Green grass area at front of Tate Modern Gallery.
Let us come together and honour the Lady of the Moon, and Father Thames, and Tamesa the Serpent of London.. and blend it all and do magic…
Let us work magic..at the Heart of London.
The steps are slippery. bank of Thames after previous tide will be full of new things and sharp objects. Take extreme care with your own health & safety. You are responsible for your safety.
**No children allowed**
**Unfortunately the location is not suitable for anyone with walking disabilities**
-Mani Navasothy (Pagan Frontiers of London)
useful astronomical data (from NASA):
• Penumbral Eclipse duration : from 16:50hrs to 21:50hrs (BST). Umbral eclipse duration: 18:22hrs to 20:18hrs (BST). Greatest Eclipse is at 19:20hrs BST. Ecliptic conjunction : 19:11hrs BST.
• Lowest tide: 21:20hrs (0.7m). [from Port of London site].