22nd April is `Earth Day’ – every year!
So join us on this special day.. for a family friendly social, picnic, drums, dances, facepaints..and that all important Eco-ceremony ! Takes place in Trent Park- one of London’s biggest woodland areas open to all.. with acres of space, free car park, cafe, toilet facilities. We are usually within easy reach, at our `usual spot’ to the left open ground area of the `Cockfosters Gate entrance!
- Time: 1pm onwards (car park gate shuts at 5pm..but people can stay much later).
- Venue: Trent Park, Cockfosters (Piccadilly line, north London). We will initially meet at the Cafe from 1pm..but move to a nearby spot by 1.30pm (Ceremony spot is closer to the Cockfosters Gate Entrance. See map below)
- Meeting Point: Trent Park Cafe, Barnet EN4 0JY, UK.
- Google map link for meeting point: https://goo.gl/maps/NJwkrwNDMiF2
- Facilities: There is a proper toilet & cafe and car parks. Children can play in play area.Location: From Cockfosters tube, the `Cocfosters Gate of Trent park is only 5 minutes walk. We will be in the field immediately to the right..when you enter the park.. Cafe etc is further ahead.Event details
- Drumming, Chanting & dancing
- Family Picnic (bring own food or bring some to share)
- Face painting (for kids and adults !) need reliable volunteer !! or bring own paints & share/ create activity
- Earth-Healing / Eco-ceremony
- Drums & Musical instruments
- Bring family & friends (all religions welcome. This is about Earth).
- Bring eco-magical banners & posters to showcase and charge up with energy for your campaigns
- Bring crystals & ritual items for altar
- Bring plenty of Food & Drinks to share
- Bring ground sheet / blanket or folding stool (for yourself)
What you can do: Please share this event and promote Earth day & Eco-Activities.
Weather: We can’t predict the weather but we’ve always carried an event, no matter what nature decides to do on that day. We will have some cover 🙂
History: Earth Day 22nd April- has been celebrated and marked by people of the world for over 40 years (since 1971). It provides a focus for hundreds of initiatives and activities.. from Eco-based fundraising, environmental campaigns, creating educational activities for those unaware of Earth’s ecological & environmental problems.. to magical or spiritual ceremonies to connect with Gaia“ the earth goddess/ spirit!
– Mani Navasothy